2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces.
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsps. Salt
Oil for frying( Try Coconut Oil it is great for frying)
1/2 cup cornstarch plus 1 Tbsp (Kingsford’s Brand is gluten free cornstartch)
1/4 cup white rice flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
1 Tbsp ginger root minced
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce (San J Gluten Free Soy Sauce )
1 1/2 tbsp. water
5 tbsp. Sugar
5 tbsp. white vinegar
1 zest of orange
1. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl.
2. Stir in egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp. oil and mix well
3. Stir cornstarch and flour together.
4. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat
5. Heat oil for deep frying in wok or deep fryer to 375 degrees
6. Add chicken in small batches at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown…Do not overcook chicken!
7. Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
8. Clean Wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
9. Add 1 tbsp. oil
10. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry until fragrant; about 10 seconds
11. Add and stir fry crushed chiles and green onions.
12. Add white wine vinegar and stir 3 seconds
13. Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
14. Add cooked chicken stirring until well mixed
15. Stir water into remaining 1 tbsp. corn starch until smooth and add to chicken.
16. Heat until sauce is thickened
17. Stir in seasame oil and orange zest.
18. Serve over gluten free rice.
Recipe from Everyday Gluten Free Me