I really enjoyed this post and decided to Reblog it for my The Journey Doesn’t Have To Taste Bad Post.
Please note that some of these Recipes are Gluten Free some not. All are Dairy Free. Im excited to share these with you. I am hoping you enjoy these recipes. I thought they looked great!
The Title of this Post is 50 Ways To Leave Your Butter, (or 50 Ways to Love Your Peanut One)
Total time: 4-5 hrs on high or 7-8 hours on low
- 1.5-lb. pork loin
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pork loin into a crockpot. Pour the apples, onion slices and apple cider over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours. Cut the pork into quarters and serve, pouring the apples, onion and remaining sauce over the top.
This is a very delicious recipe for this time of year. Still very chilly outside this recipe from pipandebby.com, this recipe will warm your soul with very little effort on your part. It will seem like you slaved all day over the stove. My kind of recipe.
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces.
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsps. Salt
Oil for frying( Try Coconut Oil it is great for frying)
1/2 cup cornstarch plus 1 Tbsp (Kingsford’s Brand is gluten free cornstartch)
1/4 cup white rice flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
1 Tbsp ginger root minced
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce (San J Gluten Free Soy Sauce )
1 1/2 tbsp. water
5 tbsp. Sugar
5 tbsp. white vinegar
1 zest of orange
1. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl.
2. Stir in egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp. oil and mix well
3. Stir cornstarch and flour together.
4. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat
5. Heat oil for deep frying in wok or deep fryer to 375 degrees
6. Add chicken in small batches at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown…Do not overcook chicken!
7. Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
8. Clean Wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
9. Add 1 tbsp. oil
10. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry until fragrant; about 10 seconds
11. Add and stir fry crushed chiles and green onions.
12. Add white wine vinegar and stir 3 seconds
13. Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
14. Add cooked chicken stirring until well mixed
15. Stir water into remaining 1 tbsp. corn starch until smooth and add to chicken.
16. Heat until sauce is thickened
17. Stir in seasame oil and orange zest.
18. Serve over gluten free rice.
Recipe from Everyday Gluten Free Me
This weeks recipe is one that can be easily converted to non dairy. Just use your milk and cheese substitutes you like. 1:1.
QuicheEmbed from Getty Images
This recipe makes one 9 inch Pie Crust.
2 cups GF All Purpose Flour (recipe in last recipe Post)
1/2 tsp Table Salt
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
5 1/4 Tblsp Cold Unsalted Butter (cut into pieces)
1/3 cup cold vegetable shortening, (cut into pieces)
1 large egg
4 to 5 Tablespoons ice water.
1. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with a small amount of the unsalted butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, xanthan gum, and baking powder until well combined. Using a pastry blender(or two knives), or a fork if absolutely necessary, to cut in the butter and the vegetable shortening until it resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 Tblsp of the water until well blended. Sprinkle over the flour mixture and toss with a fork until evenly combined. Add the remaining water, 1 Tblsp at a time, stirring until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and it will start to come together into a ball. Shape the dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Unwrap the dough and center it on a piece of waxed paper. Place another piece of waxed paper on top. Using a rolling pin start in the center and roll toward the outer edges. Roll out the dough to a uniform 1/8 inch thickness. Remove the top piece of paper and center the pie pan over the top of the dough. Moving quickly invert the pan and dough. Carefully remove the top piece of waxed paper.
5. Gently fit the dough into the pan, patching any tears. Trim the dough 1/2 inch larger than the pie plate. Fold the edge of the dough under to create a raised edge and crimp in a decorative pattern.
Chill the crust for 30 minutes before filling and then bake according to the pie recipe.
1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheese
1/2 Cup Filling(you can make whatever you like. I usually saute onions, red peppers, sausage or bacon). Experiment with different fillings. Sliced Tomatoes on the top works really well and adds color to your quiche.
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make sure to put the crust in a nine inch pie plate. Spread cheese on the bottom of the crust. Add the eggs into a bowl, beat the eggs.. Mix all the other ingredients into the eggs and pour into the crust.
Bake for 30 to 40 Minutes or until it slightly jiggles and a knife comes out clean.
Enjoy. Quiche is a fun thing to make. As far as ingredients you almost can throw any veg or chees you would like and it will come out great. Have fun use your imagination. Remember that it take experiment to come up with something great. Especially for a GF, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Diet. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
This Sugar Cookie Recipe is Gluten Free. It is from the Website/Blog Called Rolling Out Dough. http://www.Rollingoutdough.com It is an amazing Site that is for sure. I found it on Pintrest and would like to share it all with you. The great thing about Sugar Cookies is that you can change it as well as add your own touches to it. I did exactly that. So enjoy and let me know what you think. You can also make this recipe with Dairy Subtitutes as well as Sugar Substitute.
2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup fine Granulated Sugar or if you want to go sugar free use a sugar substitute that is a 1:1 ratio.
4 Tblsp of Powdered Sugar
8 Tblsp of Unsalted Butter (it should be at room temp. You may also use a Vegan Spread that is in stick form. Again it should be at room temp.).
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum – Look at the ingredients of your Flour Mix. If it has Xanthan Gum in it do not add.
1 Large egg, beaten, also needs to be at room temp.
1/2 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
1 large handful pulverized Peppermints.
1 bag Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses. Unwraped
Small amount of Dark Chocolate Gouache thinned to Drizzle over Cookies
Preheat oven to 350
Mix all the Dry ingredients and blend well until combined. Add egg, butter, vanilla, and pulverized peppermints until dough is well blended and thick.
Take large amount of dough and shape and work into dough with your hands and form dough into a ball. Put cookie dough into spoonfuls leaving one inch between cookies.
Bake for about 9-11 minutes until set. Immediately add a Kiss in the middle of each cookie. Let cookies cool on sheet until they set. Approx. 5 minutes. Then transfer to the cooling racks. Let them cool completely on the cooling racks. This will take several hours as the Kiss takes a long time to set after melting.
Take the thinned Ganache and drizzle over the cookies. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Enjoy!! Please share with me your thoughts.
This will become a regular Friday Feature.